Worship by Singingby Tom Young
At the very heart of worship is an attitude of mind that is given expression in heartfelt action. But, without the right attitude, no amount of action will be effective. Developing the proper attitude towards worship requires three essentials:
- Living close to God. Only when we live close to God daily and share with Him our problems, troubles, victories, and joys can we develop the feelings for Him which must characterize our worship.
- Preparation. We all prepare for our daily activities (work, school, marriage, etc.) and worship should be no exception. We must be physically, mentally, and spiritually ready to worship. Many times we rush into worship, overwhelmed by the daily grind, never really taking the time to prepare ourselves for worship to our almighty God.
- Participation. We must concentrate on the meaning of what we do in worship. We must try very hard to not let outside matters (cares of the world) invade our minds during worship service. This is something that many of us struggle with…we must try harder. God expects it and we owe it to Him to give worship our best effort. Finally, thoughtful participation demands we make every act of worship a sincere expression of our love and reverence for God.
Are you fully worshiping with your singing? Are you singing to your full potential or just trying to meet the minimum requirement to get by? Remember, singing must be from the heart...we are to do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him (Col 3: 15-17). You don't have to have the most beautiful voice or be able to read music...you just have to be willing to give your very best effort from the heart. Let's all sing together, to the best of our ability, honoring and praising our God for all the wonderful things He has done for each of us.
"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." ~ Matthew 22:37
Alabama churches of Christ is a Christian website with lots of articles, the KJV Bible, a church directory and more!
Here's a brief look at what the churches of Christ believe...
- We believe that the Church should speak where the Bible speaks and remain silent where the Bible is silent.
- The Bible teaches that we must have the authority of Christ for whatever we practice or teach (Colossians 3:17).
- Worship services should be conducted strictly in accordance with the scriptural patterns set forth in the New Testament.
The New Testament makes no mention of mechanical instrumental music being used in the early church, as such we do not use them in our worship today. Instead we sing "a cappella" (singing without mechanical instruments). MUSIC IN WORSHIP by Raymond Elliott is a good article on this subject.
"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;" (Ephesians 5:19).
Gospel Meetings & Events
If your New Testament congregation located in Alabama or on the border is having a Gospel Meeting or an Event that you'd like for people to know about...Send Us Your Event details and we'll post it on our Church Events page.
King James Bible
We have the complete King James Bible available on this website.
You can easily select any chapter of any Book to read.
You can also use our Bible search feature located in the upper left column.
Articles and Sermons
We also have links to online Audio Sermons.
We have a Church Directory of churches of Christ congregations. Please note that we have no way of knowing if a congregation in our directory has apostatized. So please research any congregation that you plan on attending. The same thing applies for congregations that may have an event posted on our Church Events page.
Christian Classified Ads
Our Classified Ads section is for members of the church of Christ to buy, sell or trade.
Ads are displayed for 30 days.
Government Ed 101Government Ed 101 - Contains:
- The United States Constitution
- The Federalists Papers
- The Bill of Rights
- The Declaration of Independence
- The American Creed
- Political and Civic Articles and Speeches
Mobile users... add us to your home screen to make accessing us faster and easier!
Thanks for dropping in and please share us with a friend!